Looking for anime like Say I Love You?
Say I Love You follows Mei, a high school student who fails to make any friends. However, her life changes after accidentally injuring the most popular boy in school.
This romance anime is close to many fans’ hearts and If you are looking for say I love you recommendations then you are in right place.
From “We Were There”, and “Toradora”, to “From Me To You”, Here are the 10 best anime like Say I Love You.
So, let’s get started.
10. Ef: A Tale Of Memories
Hiro and Miyako Miyamura bump into each other on Christmas and their relationship develops further as they meet again in the school.
Kei Shindou, Hiro’s childhood friend gets jealous after seeing them together and she grabs the attention of Kyosuke Tsutsumi, a photographer.
Elsewhere, Renji Asou encounters Chihiro Shindou, Kei’s sister at a train station and the two quickly become friends but she has a rare memory disease that Renji should overcome.
- Both are set in high school backdrop.
- Both anime involve abuse.
- Ef: A Tale Of Memories has a darker plot and storyline compared to Say I Love You.
9. Anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day
Young, Meiko Honma tragically died and their group diverted apart but reappeared as a ghost that only Jinta, their group’s leader can see.
The group is brought together again by the ghost of their deceased friend to fulfill her final wish.
- Both have complex teen drama.
- Both anime are about first love.
- Both anime gives out similar emotional feelings.
8. Kokoro Connect
Himeko, Lori, Taichi, Yoshifumi, and Yui decided to create a cultural club and start to research topics.
However, strange occurrences happen to them as they start to swap bodies with each other at random without any explanation.
- Both anime are set in high school.
- Both have good romantic storylines.
- Kokoro Connect is supernatural-themed which is different from Sukitte Li Na yo but both have similar storylines.
Two high school students, Taiga Aisaka and Ryuuji Takasu work together to help each other win over their love interests.
Taiga has a crush on Ryuuji’s best friend, while Ryuuji has feelings for Taiga’s best friend, and they begin to develop an unlikely friendship but the school’s rumors say something else.
- Both female protagonists deal with their insecurities.
- Opposite characters fall in love with each other.
- Both shows have similar character development.
6. We Were There
Yano Motoharu, the most popular guy in school falls for Takahashi Nanami and the two begin a relationship.
However, Yano’s past begins to haunt their relationship and together they must overcome this situation.
- Both animes involve bullying themes.
- Both are about first love.
- Both female protagonists fall for the popular male student.
RECOMMENDED: Best Anime Like Your Name
Hori Kyouko is a popular girl at school with a secret home life, while Miyamura is shy who’s often misunderstood by others, and has a talent for drawing.
Both accidentally discover each other secrets and begin to develop feelings for each other.
- Both have similar relationship development.
- Both anime involve life learning.
- Horimiya concentrates on side characters than Say I love You.
4. My Little Monster
Mizutani Shizuku is a studious girl who only cares about her grades and Haru Yoshida, is an unpredictable boy.
Both have very different personalities and interests but everything changes when after an accidental encounter.
- Both anime centers around high school.
- Both have similar characters.
- Both female protagonists are lonely at the beginning.
3. Maid Sama
Misaki Ayuzawa is the first female student council president of the former all-boys school and secretly works as a maid part-time in a cafe to support her family.
However, her secret is discovered by Takumi Usui, a popular boy in school who slowly begins to have feelings for her.
- Both anime centers around high school romance.
- Both female protagonists are insecure about their feelings.
- They fall in love with popular male protagonists.
RECOMMENDED: Best Anime Like Snow White With The Red Hair
2. Blue Spring Ride
Futaba Yoshioka, a high school student has a massive crush on Kou Tanaka but before she confessed her feelings, he disappeared.
He came after a year with a new name, Kou Mabuchi, and even has a diffrent personality.
Eventually, the two get back together and now must confront their pasts.
- Both animes have great romantic scenes.
- Both have realistic settings.
- Both shows are heartwarming to watch.
1. From Me To You
Sawako Kuronuma wants to make a lot of friends in school but her appearance resembles a ghost from a horror movie and everyone is terrified of her.
However, Kazehaya is the only person to talk to her and slowly tries to confront her fears while confronting his own feelings for her.
- Both female protagonists are outcasts.
- Both have similar premises.
- Both female protagonists make a lot of friends as the storyline moves forward.